What is Anal Fissure?
The meaning of Anal Fissure is a tear that is caused in the lining of the anus or anus canal. It might happen while passing hard stools. An anal fissure can bring about sharp pain and bleeding during and after defecations.
The fissure might likewise bring about tingling and blaze in the anal region. Sometimes when the pain gets too serious, the patient may suffer from vertigo and perspiration on passing stools.
And often patients complain of difficulty in passing stools due to narrowing the anal canal, caused by spasms of the internal sphincter. It is normally a minor condition that persists only for 3-4 weeks. Most of the time tears heal on their own.
Harsh Hospital has a team of the best Anal Fissure Specialist in Surat. Our Doctors are renowned for providing reliable and best-in-class Anal Fissure treatment in Surat.
What are the causes of Anal Fissure?
Anal fissure regularly happens while passing hard stools. Chronic constipation or frequent diarrhea can cause a tear in the skin around the anus. Other basic Anal Fissure causes include:
- Chronic constipation
- Straining amid Labor
- Prolonged diarrhea
- The overly tight butt-centric sphincter muscle
- Anal intercourse
- Decreased Bloodstream to the Anorectal Range
- Scarring in the anorectal area
In uncommon cases, a butt-centric gap may create due to:
- Anal Tumor
Anal fissures are also common in young infants and in women after childbirth.
What are the symptoms of Anal Fissure?
Anal fissure symptoms are:
- Pain during and after a bowel movement
- A visible tear in the anus or anal canal
- A skin tag, or a little chunk of skin, by the tear
- Foul-smelling discharge
- Blood on toilet wipes
- Discomfort when urinating or inability to urinate
- Burning or tingling in the butt-centric range
What is the treatment for Anal fissures?
Anal fissure treatment has the goal of lowering the pressure on the anal canal by making soft stools. The available anal fissure treatment at home are:
Anal Fissure Treatment Without Surgery
- Sitz bath
- Local application of ointment (like an Oval)
- Laxatives to prevent Constipation (like Isabgol, Liquid Paraffin)
- Tablet (like Oxerutin, Dosage advised by the doctor)
- Avoiding straining or sitting for long on the toilet seat
Anal Fissure Treatment With Surgery
The aforementioned methods may show results within several weeks or months. But if the condition persists, anal fissure surgery will be required.
- Closed Lateral Sphincterotomy
- Laser Sphincterotomy (fissure treatment by laser)
What are the advantages of Anal fissure laser treatment?
Harsh Hospital provides the best-in-class facilities for surgery for Anal Fissure & Piles in Surat. Our Anal Fissure surgeons can seamlessly help you to get rid of this condition.
The Anal fissure Laser Treatment has certain benefits:-
- Persistent fissures may require a lateral internal anal sphincterotomy.
- Laser Surgery is a highly effective treatment for a fissure.
- Recurrence rates after this type of surgery are very low.
- Fissure Laser Surgery is a minor operation.
- Can be performed as a day case without the need to stay overnight.
- The sphincterotomy operation helps the fissure heal by decreasing pain and spasm.
- The need for postoperative dressing is less likely.
- A laser also can be done in post CABG (Cardiac), Pregnant & Lactational patients.
- Chances of loss of stool control (Incontinence) are less.
Read More on Anal Fissure
Expand your Medical Knowledge with Informational Insights coming straight from our Team of Expert Fissure Doctors!
एनल फिशर (गुदा में दरार) क्या है? (Fissure Meaning in Hindi) गुदा विदर (Anal Fissure in Hindi) को गुदा (Anal) या गुदा नहर की दीवार
Have you seen blood stains on toilet paper? Thinking it might be due to piles, but Anorectal Surgeons explain that it could be either piles
Did you spot blood in your stools or did you experience any discomfort after pooping that had lasted for a very long time? If yes,