What is Constipation?
The meaning of Constipation is the infrequent bowel movements in the human body that may persist for more than a few weeks or longer. When a person generally passes three or fewer bowel movements per week, he is said to be suffering from constipation.
The problem of Chronic constipation may also cause the person to strain excessively to achieve a bowel movement.
What are the symptoms of Constipation?
The signs and symptoms of constipation include:
- Passing less than 3 stools per week
- Hard stools
- Straining during the bowel movement
- Feeling of blockage in the rectum
- Feeling that you are not able to pass stool completely
If the person has experienced the above symptoms for more than two months, it is said to be chronic constipation. Kindly visit a Qualified Constipation Doctor if the condition worsens.
What Causes Constipation?
The causes or reasons for constipation are:-
- Blockages in the colon or rectum
- Problems with the nerves around the colon and rectum
- Difficulty in movement with the muscles involved in the elimination
- Other medical conditions (Diabetes, Pregnancy, etc) that affect hormones in the body
How to prevent Constipation?
Wondering what to do for constipation? The following tips can help to avoid developing and cure constipation:
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Manage stress
- Exercise regularly
- Don’t ignore the urge to pass stool.
- Eat high-fiber foods in your diet such as fruits, vegetables, bran, whole grain cereals, etc.
- Try to create a regular bowel movement schedule.