What is Pilonidal Sinus?
A pilonidal sinus is a small tunnel or hole that is formed in the skin at the top of the buttocks, where they meet at the base of the tailbone. Pilonidal abscess rarely affects the gap between the fingers or belly button. However, it does not always cause symptoms and will only need to be treated if it becomes infected.
What are the symptoms of Pilonidal Sinus?
The Pilonidal Sinus symptoms are:
- Blood oozing from skin opening
- Discharge of Foul Smell
- Recurrent Boil-like lump at the natal cleft
What are the causes of Pilonidal Sinus?
The Pilonidal Sinus causes are:
- Friction between hard body hair and skin
- Being hairier than normal
- Tight Clothing
- Bicycling for long periods of time
- Sitting for a long period of time
- Lack of personal hygiene
Treatment of Pilonidal Sinus
The treatment of Pilonidal Sinus is recommended in two ways:
- Treatment for Pilonidal Sinus Without Surgery – If there are no signs of infection, it is recommended to keep the area between the buttocks clean by bathing regularly. The person should also avoid shaving the affected area unless the doctor advises him to.
- Treatment for Pilonidal Sinus With Surgery – The widely accepted methods are Incision and drainage of abscess, Wide excision, Rhomboid flap, etc.
What are the advantages of Laser pilonidoplasty?
If you have been looking for result-oriented treatment and quick recovery from the pilonidal sinus, Harsh Hospital provides the best laser pilonidal sinus treatment in Surat. The benefits of laser surgery for Pilonidal sinus are:
- Excellent Healing rates.
- The post-operation dressing will be required for a very short duration.
- Post-operative bleeding is less likely.
- Fewer complications have been observed.
- The laser also can be done in Cardiac, Pregnant & Lactational patients
- Can resume normal activity from the next day of surgery.
- Recurrence of pilonidal sinus is likely less