What is Proctocolectomy?
- In proctocolectomy, the large intestine and rectum are removed, leaving the lower end of the small intestine(the ileum).
- The specialist sews the anus closed and makes a little opening called a stoma in the skin of the lower guts. The surgical methodology to make the stoma (or another manufactured opening) is called an ostomy.
- Harsh Hospital is providing the best Proctocolectomy Surgery in Surat.
- The ileum is associated with the stoma, making an opening to the outside of the body. The surgery that makes the opening of the digestive system is called an ileostomy.
- The stool empties into a little plastic pocket called an ostomy bag that is connected to the skin around the stoma.
- This methodology may likewise be required to treat certain birth abandons or to wipe out a specific type of colon or rectal growth.
- Specialists may likewise play out this surgery on an emergency basis if the colon or rectum is injured beyond repair.
- Add up to proctocolectomy with ileostomy surgery is done when other therapeutic treatment does not help issues with your digestive organ.
When is Proctocolectomy required?
- Colon or rectum cancer
- Familial polyposis
- Bleeding in your intestine
- Birth defects that have damaged your intestines
- Intestinal damage from an accident or injury