One of a woman’s most unforgettable experiences is being pregnant. It is distinct in terms of the accompanying physiological and hormonal alterations. It makes sense that if you are pregnant, you would be concerned about labor and the pain you would experience. Modern medicine has made several ground-breaking advancements that have brought childbirth pain to a manageable level, one of them being Painless Delivery.
What is a Painless Delivery?
By giving the woman epidural anesthetic during labor, a painless, normal birth is made possible. This type of localized anesthetic lessens pain in a particular area of the body.
To achieve painless delivery, the anesthetic is injected into the lady’s lower back during labor. This relaxes the woman and relieves her intense labor pain.
Since they might be unable to endure labor pain, women who have less pain tolerance or those who become pregnant during their thirties frequently request C-sections.
These women have a better chance of having a normal birth because of epidural anesthetic, which greatly lessens pain.
What is the Procedure of Painless Delivery?
The OBGYN will give the woman intravenous fluids or IV fluids before giving her the epidural to ensure a pain-free delivery. The woman has to sit straight and hold steady.
The OBGYN will first clean the woman’s waistline with an antiseptic solution before numbing her lower back with a local anesthetic. The lower back region around the spinal cord will then be numbed by needle injection. The physician will insert a thin catheter through the needle into the epidural space, then after removing the needle, tape the catheter.
During labor, the doctor will administer the epidural anesthetic using the catheter. In order to numb the pelvis and the region below it, the doctor gives the medication during the pregnancy.
However, the lady can see the delivery while still being conscious and experiencing little to no discomfort.
Advantages of Painless Delivery
The benefits of taking Epidural are
- Cardiac Problems: Mothers with a history of cardiac difficulties or who are already having heart problems may experience severe pain. In these situations, the painless birth will be advantageous.
- Less Postpartum Complications: The mother can concentrate more on the delivery because the discomfort is reduced. It is a relaxing aid and can avoid the weariness and irritability that the majority of women experience the following labor; lowering the likelihood of postpartum problems.
- Less Strain on the Muscles: The pelvic and vaginal muscles are relaxed by epidural anesthesia, which aids in the baby’s effortless descent.
- Reduced Stress on the Blood Pressure: This is important since the mother’s blood pressure might get dangerously high while she is in labor.
- Comfortable for Elder Ladies: As women age, their ability to tolerate discomfort declines. Therefore; aged moms can benefit from a typical birth with an epidural analgesic or from the possibility of a painless delivery.
- Less Hormonal Secretion: The mother secretes more stress hormones as a result of the severe pain and suffering, which greatly irritates and distresses both the mother and the kid. Because epidural analgesia lessens suffering, the relatively little hormone is generated, which makes both mother and child more at ease.
How Should I Plan for a painless normal delivery?
For a painless delivery, you should
- Pick a Maternity hospital that offers Painless Delivery
- Watch out for the form of Pain Alleviation that works best for you
- If you experience any allergic reactions, inform your doctor
Harsh Hospital & Maternity Home in Surat, Gujarat has an extensive Mother & Child Care Department. We offer Painless Normal Delivery by skilled Obstetricians & Gynaecologists and a support team. We ensure that the mother and the child receive the most sensitive care and excellent treatment during the whole pregnancy and postpartum period.