Piles, commonly known as hemorrhoids or Bawasir, can cause significant discomfort, pain, and even bleeding. When conservative treatments fail to provide relief, laser piles surgery emerges as an effective and minimally invasive solution. In Surat, Harsh Hospital & Maternity Home is the first hospital to introduce this advanced laser surgery for piles treatment.
This advanced procedure utilizes laser technology to treat piles and promote a faster recovery. This blog post will delve into the details of laser piles surgery, discussing what to expect during the procedure and exploring the typical recovery process and time.
Laser piles surgery, also known as laser hemorrhoidoplasty, is a procedure that employs laser technology to treat piles. The procedure involves using laser beams to burn and destroy the blood vessels that caused piles, which later shrink and disappear.
The primary advantage of Piles Laser Surgery is that it is minimally invasive in nature, offering several benefits such as reduced pain, minimal bleeding, faster healing, and a shorter hospital stay.
Laser Surgery for the treatment of Piles is generally suggested to treat various types of hemorrhoids, including internal, external, and mixed hemorrhoids. However, its appropriateness is determined on a case-by-case basis by Piles Surgeon, considering factors such as the severity of the piles and the patient’s overall health.
It is advisable to consult with a piles specialist to determine the most suitable treatment option. Dr. S. N. Baser, a specialist in treating piles is one of the best surgeons to perform laser surgery for piles. He has performed 10000+ surgeries with a high success rate.
Laser surgery is a minimally invasive procedure that typically takes 20 to 30 minutes. It depends on the patient’s age, underlying medical conditions, and the severity of the condition.
The laser beam removes the damaged tissue. The surgery is typically carried out when the patient is asleep to ensure their comfort. Throughout the procedure, the following actions are taken:
- The surgeon will provide local general anesthesia to the patient prior to the procedure. The anal area will be numbed, and the patient will remain awake throughout the procedure.
- The patient will be instructed to assume the lithotomy position, which means resting on one’s back with one’s legs supported and one’s knees bent. In this position, the surgeon can more easily access the anal region.
- A proctoscope will be carefully inserted into the anus by the surgeon. The special probe on this tube aids in locating the blood vessels supplying the hemorrhoids.
- The surgeon will use the same tube to place a laser fiber into the anus after locating the artery. These arteries will be cut off using lasers.
- By cutting off the hemorrhoids’ blood supply, the laser energy will aid in their shrinkage.
- It often takes the hemorrhoids six weeks to completely reduce to 60-80% of their initial size.
Prior to the laser piles surgery operation, patients must go through a certain evaluation to evaluate their eligibility. The following, however, should be considered both before and on the day of the surgery.
- It’s important for the patient to arrive at the hospital before the scheduled time for the surgery. They must also complete all the formalities required by the hospital.
- The proctologist will conduct certain blood tests and also performs a physical examination of the anal area.
- They will examine the inside of the anal region using a proctoscope and feel the hemorrhoids with a lubricated finger. Simultaneously anesthetist will also interact with the patients and inquire about their medical history and whether they are allergic to any drugs.
- Throughout the process, the medical staff will closely monitor the patient’s vital signs, such as heart rate, blood pressure, and oxygen levels.
- The proctologist or medical team may provide the patient with an enema two hours before the surgery.
- This involves injecting a liquid into the large intestine through the anus, which helps remove any stool trapped in the intestines.
- After all necessary preparations are finished, the patient will be taken to the operating room, where the procedure will be performed.
After any surgery, the patients need to be under observation. Any surgery needs some time to recover but where in comparison to conventional surgery for piles treatment recovery time after laser surgery is minimal and need to take rest for a few days.
As with any surgery, one can experience side effects similarly piles operation also has certain side effects after laser surgery, and they need to be taken care of and will also enhance faster recovery.
- A local anesthetic will numb the anal region and relieve pain for six to twelve hours.
- Bleeding from the rectum may occur for 7 to 10 days after the surgery, particularly during bowel movements.
- Once the effect of the anesthesia wear off and the patient has urinated, they will be discharged from the hospital.
After the patient is discharged from the hospital, they are expected to follow these tips
- Although laser surgery is primarily painless, there may be some discomfort.
- To help the patient pass stools more easily, the doctor might provide laxatives or stool softeners such as isabgol husk and triphala.
- Antibiotics may be prescribed by the proctologist to stop any infections.
- In order to have healthy bowel movements, the patient should refrain from undue straining, not linger too long on the toilet, and not delay bowel movements.
- Consume more fiber by including fruits, vegetables, and whole grains in your diet.
- They should initially eat bland things such as plain rice, bananas, dry bread or crackers, apple sauce, and fluids. Every day, they should also consume a lot of water.
- For a few days following surgery, the patient would need to apply absorbent bandages in the anal area to control any possible bloody discharge.
- For a few days following the procedure, taking a sitz bath is advised. Sitting in simple warm water for 10 to 15 minutes twice daily—without any salts or soaps—is known as a sitz bath.
- At the max, a patient is supposed to rest for a few days at home after a piles laser surgery. Otherwise, patients can even resume work and normal daily activities within a few days of surgery.
Overall, recovery from piles laser surgery is quick and painless. There is nothing to worry about. Patients of any age can have this surgery because it is safe to that extent. Because of our expertise and experience, we can recommend the best course of action for your haemorrhoids. In some cases, simple medication and dietary modifications can successfully treat haemorrhoids.
If you have any questions in your mind or have any concerns relating to laser piles surgery recovery and also looking for the best hospital for treatment of piles in Surat book an appointment online or connect by phone with us at +91 9638593366.